Kat Hinter (Indigenous counsellor) from the gambling support navigator just called. If any of our community members needs support during this time, she will be the first point of contact. Their program offers in-house counselling as well (free of charge) and she is the person who makes the referrals to their counsellors. Her work involves connecting with people who struggle with gambling and their family members who may also be looking for supports.
Gambling Support BC Responsible Gambling Program
Phone: 250.819.9254 this is a long distance # you can text Kat first and she will call you back
Toll Free: 1.888.388.2188
24/7 Gambling Info Line: 1.888.795.6111
Gambling Support Person
Phone: 250 691 2605
Support individuals by phone or in Person meetings to help people develop self-care plan.
· GamTalk: provides support websites, forums, and live chat www.gamtalk.org
· GamBlock: is software for blocking online gambling www.gamblock.com
· Problem Gambling Institute for Ontario: website for various problem gambling resources including a gambling quiz www.problemgambling.ca
· MYGU: www.problemgambling.ca is an online tool for tracking and monitoring gambling urges
· Gamblers Anonymous: 12 step recovery group for problem gambling. BC Website www.gabc.ca
· Gamblers Anonymous – Area 2A primary purpose – to carry its message to the compulsive gambler who still suffers. www.gabc.ca
· Hotline number: 1-855-222-5542
· In the Rooms: is a community for live online recovery meetings www.intherooms.com
· In the Rooms is a free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related issues. We embrace multiple pathways to recovery, including all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health modalities. www.intherooms.com
· Gambling Support Helpline at 1-888-795-6111 and is available 24 hours a day.