McLeod Lake, BC V0J 2C0
Calen Murphy, Youth Coordinator
(778) - 763 – 1475 Ext. 109
8:30 am - 4:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays
The McLeod Lake Youth Program is targeted towards all school-aged children (5-18 yrs.), and provides them with physical activities, as well as cultural and life skill programs. These youth programs aim to encourage MLIB youth to become involved in their communities and help build up their self-esteem. The MLIB youth program is a community-based program whose goal it is to enforce job/school readiness and better the overall health and wellness of first nations youth. Our hope is that this will promote self confidence and success in the future. We at MLIB recognize that culture is an essential part of child development. If children are able to know and experience their history, values, and their cultural practices it will provide them with a positive sense of self-worth and an identity in their community that they can be proud of. Therefore, our youth program is encouraged to reflect the uniqueness of every member in our community and focus on the emotional, spiritual, physical and intellectual needs of the children. The MLIB Youth department works in conjunction with other band departments/programs to ensure the needs of children and their families are being met. Elders share stories of the traditional ways of living, and our hope is that the children will absorb this knowledge and continue sharing it for generations to come. Having MLIB elders participate in our youth activities is an amazing way for our youth to gain some of the cultural connections and knowledge that is slowly being lost.
· No Cell Phones (can leave in office)
· No Vending Machine (after youth more than welcome to use)
· No Eating and Leaving
· No Shoes in Gym
· 3 check marks and you will be asked to leave, but always welcome back the next day.
· No computers unless we as a group are using them
· Please Respect all bathrooms here at the band hall, if you make a mess please clean it up, or if you need help, we will be more than willing to help.
· Please leave all toys at home or in your bag when coming to youth.
· Please RESPECT all other youth that attend, and your youth workers,
NO name calling
No pushing and shoving
Respect others and their belongings
Treat other the way you want to be treated.
Everyone is always welcome at youth, hope to see you all there. Please be on time, we prepare the food to the number of youths that we have. Thank you!!!