McLeod Lake Tse’khene Cultural Centre – Update and Survey!
McLeod Lake is working with an award-winning Indigenous architect, Alfred Waugh, to design a Tse’Khene Cultural Centre. Construction will start this summer for this exciting project!
The Cultural Centre will be located across from the gas station. This site has been approved by the MLIB Lands Department.
The Cultural Centre will have:
- A classroom.
- A large, comfortable Elder’s Room.
- A Reading Room.
- Exhibits about Tse’khene culture and history.
- An outdoor space with a firepit.
The Cultural Centre will be a space where community members can:
- Reconnect with their families, history, language, and culture.
- See old photographs and read old documents.
- Learn from exhibits.
- Take language classes or other cultural programs.
- Gather for healing.
- Host tourists and guests to the community.
We want to know what you think about this exciting project! Follow the link to see more pictures of the architectural designs and to fill out a short survey by March 20th for the chance to win a $100 gift card to Amazon!
For more information, please contact Jayde Chingee:
Office: (250) 750-4415